Thursday, August 12, 2010

Hitachino Nest White Ale - Japan

Hitachino Nest White Ale - Japan
3.5/5

A white ale from Japan you ask? Yep, and it was pretty darn good. Before Hitachino, had you asked me to summarize Japanese beers I would have said they were light, crisp, fizzy and dry.
This little ripper however, opened my mind to experiencing the full range of Hitachino Nest beers and to start exploring other Japanese craft brews.
I would liken this beer to European style white ale and not American hefferveisen.
My first impression was that it was overly carbonated but after it settled in the glass for a few minutes it was perfect. It pours a light golden color and has a bright white head with bright, bold spiced aromas and flavor to follow. Thanks to Virginia and Jeff for putting me on to this hidden Japanese gem.


No comments:

Post a Comment