Monday, January 24, 2011

Flying Horse Royal Lager, India

Flying Horse Royal Lager – 2/5

I very much expected this beer to be similar to other Indian beers I’ve had. Both Cobra and Kingfisher are plain but drinkable lagers and Flying Horse was a disappointment.

The first thing I noticed was the skunky smell. Although in a brown bottle, it smelled as if it had been effected by some light contamination. After reading other reviews on this beer I have come to the conclusion that I got a bad bottle.

It didn’t taste as bad as it smelled although unfortunately the smell was quite off-putting. Maybe the brewery sourced their water from the River Ganges? Adrienne and Rick, thanks again for the donation. It was unfortunate that this Flying Horse was more of a donkey.

2 comments:

  1. i actually quite like this beer. Its what i order at the local indian all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah? I read some other reviews and there was not a lot of negativity. I think I got a dud and might be willing to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete