Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hopus – Brasserie Lefèbvre SA, Belgium

Hopus – Belgium - 4/5

Once again, good friends Jeff and Virginia (aka The Sizzlies) hooked me up with a fine selection of beers for my birthday. Amongst those chosen was Hopus from Belgium.

It came in a classic style pop-top bottle and poured a golden amber color. It was cloudy and full of sediment, but to me that equates to flavor.

It had a faint honey smell to it which was made more evident after a taste. Up front it had a classic Belgian flavor, then came the smooth hops, which was followed by the subtle honey note. As this was not a combination I had encountered before I was pleasantly surprised.

This was a thoroughly enjoyable drop and I’m quite sure I will be drinking it again. Jeff and Virginia have once again introduced me to a keeper. Thanks guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment