Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Samuel Smith’s, The Famous Taddy Porter, UK

Samuel Smith’s, The Famous Taddy Porter – 4.5/5

Once again, Jeff and Virginia have introduced me to an amazing beer and having heard nothing but positive reports, I was very excited to try it.

It poured out dark brown with a frothy, tan head. On the nose and tongue you will be presented with a light roasty nuttiness. You will also get very subtle coffee and chocolate notes before the taste mellows out to a mild bitterness.

Picture if you will an exquisite piece of luscious chocolate and you’ve only been given one piece. Like the chocolate, Taddy Porter left me wanting more and I can’t wait to drink it again soon. I think I will go as far as saying that this is the best Porter I have sampled to date. In hindsight, I truly regret not drinking it on tap while I was living in London.

1 comment:

  1. Yea!!! So glad you liked it! It sounds delicious, I may have to try it for myself :)

    ReplyDelete