Thursday, February 4, 2010

Welcome to the Beer Blogga

Hi all and welcome to the Beer Blogga.
The aim of this blog is to document my experience with beers. I feel that far too many beer critique sites get too fancy with their wording. With this blog I want to keep it interesting and at a level that us "average Joes" can understand.

Having lived in Australia for the first 25 years of my life then moving over to England and getting the opportunity to explore most of Europe, I have been fortunate enough to expose myself to some amazing beers, some pitiful beers and pretty much everything in between.
Before moving to California, I like many had a low opinion of American beers. This is mostly due to the Budweisers and Millers being heavily marketed all over the world as American Beer. Of course if this is all you have to go by you would expect the worst like I did. Little did I know, I was to be pleasantly surprised when discovering that the mico-brewery and craft beer culture is alive and kicking here in the US. San Diego alone is home to many micro-breweries and I am very happy to have set up camp where people are proud to drink their locally brewed craft beers.

I will start by retroactively adding entries from my Facebook photo blog and try to add a little more detail to my entries.

Ratings will be out of 5 and will follow this format:
5 = Fantastic
4 = Very Good
3 = Good
2 = Forgettable
1 = Very ordinary

I would be more than happy to receive comments and questions and would love to know if you agree or disagree with my critiques.

Thanks for stopping by.

Matt - The Beer Blogga

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Cool!!
    -The other Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a hero to the beer community. Keep up the good work Matthew.

    Douglas (Brewery Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you rate VB?

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave, you're more than welcome to send me a sample for me to review :-)

    ReplyDelete