Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ayinger Bruä-Weisse - Aying, Germany

Ayinger Bräu-Weisse - 3.5/5

Anyone who frequents the Beer Blogga or knows me well enough will understand that I'm not the greatest fan of hefeweizen style beers and may question my rating on this wheatie treat.
I've changed my attitude recently. For my birthday my friends Virginia and Jeff hand selected a few beers for me to drink and write about.
The Ayinger Bruä-Weisse being amongst the chosen was really pleasant. I didn't want to like it but in all honesty I found it very refreshing and quite tasty. It pours golden and cloudy as any good wheat beer should. It's fruity (banana) and spicy on the nose and goes down rather smoothly. Just this last weekend I saw Ayinger Bruä-Weisse at my local European market so I think I shall be purchasing some this summer.

As a result of my new found friendship with Ayinger I am strongly considering rekindling my relationship with Hoegaarden as you can pretty much get it anywhere now. Thanks to Virginia and Jeff for getting me back on the wheat beers.

No comments:

Post a Comment