Thursday, July 28, 2011

Duchesse De Bourgogne, Belgium

Duchesse De Bourgogne– 4.5/5

I love grey imported beer when you can’t read the label as it often leads to surprises; hopefully good ones. This was another birthday beer from Jay and the Thomas girls and boy did it catch me off guard.
After pouring it out into a glass I took a nice big sniff as I always do. I felt like I had buried my head in a bag of salt and vinegar chips and taking a good old whiff. It had a really vinegary smell to it which tingled all the way up my nose. I took a sip and found it to be quite sour which lead me to do a quick google search from my phone to make sure it was supposed to be this way and hadn’t spoiled. After the first initial shock I went back for more and was getting notes of dark cherry coming through.

Overall it was very refreshing and quite pleasant. I can picture drinking Duchesse De Bourgogne with Thanks Giving turkey as an alternative to champagne. It’s definitely worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment