Friday, July 15, 2011

Orval Trappist Ale - Brasserie d’Orval, Belgium

Orval Trappist Ale - 4.5/5

I feel my close friends are really starting to get to know me. Erin, Jay and Cheryl were nice enough to hand select some very interesting beers for my birthday and I finally got around to drinking them last weekend.

Although I have read about Orval and seen around, I was yet to experience this Belgian delight. From what I had heard, Orval is brewed with wild yeast therefore no two bottles with be exactly the same.

With this in mind, there are some common characteristics. Firstly, I was surprised to find how fizzy it was. It poured out a golden amber color and had a nice, thick head. It was dry and hoppy and finished a tiny bit sour. Overall, a fantastic brew. Thanks guys for introducing me to another world class Belgian ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment