Monday, May 14, 2012

Fullers Vintage Ale 2010 bottle # 092429 - Chiswick, London - UK

Fullers Vintage Ale 2010 bottle # 092429 - 4.5/5

My lovely and thoughtful wife bought me a “Groupon” for Texas Liquor which is a favorite, eclectic local liquor store. Considering it was a smoking deal I thought I would pick up a few higher end beers specifically for the brews reviews.
Having eyed off the Fuller Vintage Ale many times and dreamed about the malty goodness within, I found it to be a no-brainer to make it a part of the next tasting session. Being bottle conditioned, it has the opportunity to mature given the optimal environment. The bottle I picked up happened to be a 2010 vintage. This one had a classic English dark ale feel to it. It has a nice fizz from the bottle conditioning and notes of dark fruit and caramel. There is a dark, roasty taste and then a warm undertone at the finish.
I would recommend letting it sit out of the fridge for 15 to 20 minutes to bring the temperature up to bring out the rich flavors. Overall, a very impressive drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment