Monday, May 14, 2012

La Fin Du Monde – Unibroue - Canada

La Fin Du Monde, Unibroue - 4.5/5

I’ve always wanted to spend a week in Belgium in search of the perfect beer as for me, Belgium is holy ground for beers. To my surprise I discovered the holy grail was right at my doorstep in a rather unlikely part of the world, Canada.

This little tipple was sitting on the shelf at my local super market and I guess I was drawn in by the label.

Having studied French in high school I knew enough that this translated to ‘the end of the world’ and let me tell you, if this was my last day on Earth and this was all there was to drink, I would die a happy man.

It pours out a beautiful hazy blond color and smells of luxurious Belgian yeast. In the mouth it has notes of caramel and spices and then there’s that Belgian yeast again.

Although it boasts a moderate 9%, the alcohol is not overpowering at all. This is a fantastic session beer and pairs well with mussels in white wine.

It’s available pretty much anywhere, is reasonably priced and very drinkable. Rather dangerous in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment